Friday, September 16, 2011

Update

O.K.... I will attempt (again) to be accountable!! So far, this year has not been good for my goals! Starting last Christmas-time... I have added debt that obviously I knew I shouldn't. But, we kid ourselves into thinking that we can handle it and pay it back by the end of the month - that seldom happens. I got a limit increase on my Discover card back in October or so... so, I told myself that I should use it to do my Christmas shopping, then, when we got Christmas bonus money (yes, still a little!), I would pay that all on the credit card. I did pay a good chunk, but then kept using the dang card for everything that came up. Now, I'm back at my limit - which is way higher than it used to be when I was working so hard to get it down! ;( Then, I used my Macy's card to buy my mother a birthday gift. That seemed to tip off a shopping "habit" through the summer, along with my August birthdays and back to school...
So, while I'm not where I wanted to be, I have made progress on other things, which keeps me from being totally depressed. I will have Rooms to Go paid off by the end of the year, as well as, all of my store cards - another again! (Macy's, Nordstrom, Victoria's Secret, and Loft - I love Loft!!). From here on out, it's down down down with those balances and no more up up up!! On a positive note, I have been using my Target credit card to make purchases for groceries and misc. stuff to get the 5% discount and making sure I pay that on top of my regular payment! That's been going great!
Alright! Here's to paying down debt, again!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, very interesting post thanks for sharing. Can I contact your through your email. Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete